Friday, April 16, 2010

Heavenly Thoughts

"We should be training our minds to...contemplate heavenly things..."
Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 2, Page 187

We read this quote at family worship a few days ago, and Mama challenged us to think about Heaven more often. God has been reminding me throughout the day, and I thought I'd share a few of my musings with you.

In Heaven...God's planting a patch of grass just for me. It's shoulder high, and has lots of flowers to attract butterflies. There is a constant breeze there, so the grass is always waving. No one will say, "Nikki, don't go in there barefoot! There are ticks!"

In Heaven...There will be no poison ivy.

In Heaven...The strawberries will be big and red and juicy, and I won't have to wash them.

In Heaven...We'll play freeze tag with angels at the speed of thought.

In Heaven...I won't need Adobe CS5, because I'll have Celestial CSI (Creative Suite Infinite)

In Heaven...God will personally wipe everyone's tears away.

In Heaven...God will dwell with us.

Let's think about Heaven today.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. A bad accident near our home yesterday made me think more of how short life is and how we never know what can happen even so close to home. Heaven is surely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete